You like it Red wine ? Do you want to find out what are the best vintages French red wines? So, my dear oenophile friends, this guide is made for you! Savor, learn and immerse yourself in the seductive world of French wine vintages.
What is a vintage and why is it important?
A vintage in the world of wine designates theyear of harvesting the grapes that were used to produce this particular wine. In other words, if you open a bottle of red wine whose label displays 2005, it means that the grapes were harvested that same year. The vintage is of crucial importance because it greatly influences the taste of the wine. Indeed, each year is different in terms of climatic conditions and therefore influence on the grape.
A lire également
The Best Vintages of French Red Wines: The Top of the Top
In the land of wine, each wine region has its particularities and its years of glory. We have prepared for you a nice ranking of some of the best vintages of French red wines.
The Bordeaux region, renowned for its red wines majestic, has known several years exceptional:
- 2000 : This vintage is known for its excellent Red wine. The wines of this year are generally full-bodied with nice notes of red and black fruits.
- 2005 : Reputed to be one of the best years for the Bordeaux red wine, it exudes an unequaled complexity and richness.
- 2010 : This vintage produced red wines very rich and concentrated, considered by many as wines for laying down.
Of course, it wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the Bordeaux world famous whites. For example, the vintages 2007 and 2011 are renowned for their perfect balance between sweetness and acidity.
Burgundy, this mythical land, also has its years headlights:
- 2005 : Many consider this year to be the best vintage of the century for Burgundy. Very elegant wines with a beautiful structure.
- 2015 : The red wines of Burgundy that year are characterized by their richness in fruit.
How to choose the best vintage red wine?
Now that you have an idea of best vintages of french red wines, you may be wondering how to choose one. To put it simply, consider these three key elements: the vintage, your personal taste, and your budget. Thus, you will be sure to offer yourself a bottle that will please your taste buds as much as your wallet!
So don’t wait any longer, discover the best vintages of french red wines and amaze your senses. Health !